Thursday, August 11, 2016

"Rotten Tomatoes: Adrift in Space" Comic-Con poster


My love for the folks at Rotten Tomatoes should come as no surprise. Ever since Larry and I were interviewed by EIC Matt Atchity at Comic-Con in 2012, I've been a big fan of not just the website but of the people behind it as well. This year, I decided to put together a comic strip with artist Ian Chase Nichols and I was able to hand it out to the participants at the "Your Opinion Sucks!" panel at Comic-Con.


I've got pictures from the event, but for now I thought I'd just post the comic strip itself, which I had printed as a 24"x36" poster. As you can see, I went back to the well one more time and set the strip in space, but I think it works.


As with the Weird Al print I made, I might have tossed in some recognizable characters, ones that had some history as movie critics of sorts. I think Jay Sherman turned out especially well.

I might try to elbow my way into doing another one of these for the New York Comic-Con, but we'll see. For now, I'm happy that I was able to write my own little love note to the folks at Rotten Tomatoes.


No comments: